I was born in Lithuania. I live and work in the Netherlands.
Professional Practice & Presentations
2013 - 2010
- Amsterdam, NL, 'NKvB Natuurlijk', site specific work 'Mons Oculus', Het Amsterdamse Bos 12 May - 19 September 2013 http://www.amsterdamsebos.nl/kunst-erfgoed/kunstroute-%27nkvb/
- NL, Member at The Dutch Society of Sculptors (Nederlandse Kring van Beeldhouwers) and presentation at www.nkvb.nl
- Amstelveen, NL, Pedagogical/Artist agend for visual creativity in Childcare Center ‘KinderRijk’.
- Kaunas, LT, VYTAUTAS MAGNUS UNIVERSITY, International summer semester seminar 26-29 June 2012
- Utrecht, NL, Atelierroute Utrecht 2012 ( www.atelierrouteutrecht.nl/#sonatalepaite )
- Amsterdam, NL, Tobacco Theater, Saturday 26th November the art projectLTart.NL 2011 (www.ltart.nl), which gives a stage for Lithuanian origin artists to show their work, which was created under influence of Dutch culture. The event is implemented for the 2nd time and is initiated by Lithuanian community in the Netherlands together with Lithuanian Embassy.
- Zeevang, NL, Festival 'Dichter in Zeevang'/‘Poet in the Zeevang’ 2011, connection between poetry, visual arts and music.
- Utrecht, NL, Visual Arts Education Project for children, art discovery with an individual artist.
- NL, Presentation at the Foundation Art Eko for environmentally friendly work www.arteko.nl
- Amsterdam, NL, Member exhibition of The Dutch Society of Sculptors ‘voorBEELDEN II / Examples II’ 2010
2009 - 2007
- Nieuwkoop, NL, Exhibition Rhapsody in Green. Nomination Green Heart Art Prize 2009 for professionals
- Utrecht, NL, Participation in project ‘Promise 4’ for beginning artists at ‘Kunstliefde’ the Association for Artists. Group exhibition ‘Everyday collapse. The reality of the imagination’ 2008
- Utrecht, NL, Graduation exhibition ‘Art Camp’ at The Utrecht School of the Arts/School of Fine Art 2007
- Utrecht, NL, Exhibition ‘De mensenfamilie/Family of Man’. Nominated forSchoolofFine Arttalent prize issued by theUniversityofUtrecht.
Conferences, Seminars & Workshops
Amsterdam, NL, Orientation course, Visual Art in Public Spaces/Site Specific Works.
‘Showing Making’, Filmmuseum Amsterdam. An international conference on the representation of image production and creative processes in art, film, science and ritual.
Utrecht, NL, Summer Masterclass. Developing ideas for renovation of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University.
Theory & Organization
Curator at Member exhibition of The Dutch Society of Sculptors ‘voorBEELDEN III/Examples III’ Amsterdam
2008 - 2007
Volunteer/Curator at Biennial Celebration of the Foundation for Public Art Utrecht. (SKOL)
Correspondent for the newspaper Vakarine Palanga in Lithuania. Responsible for issues of culture, education and art events.
Excursions & Research
The Maltese islands Malta & Gozo: the temples of Hagar Qim and Mnajdra, Tarxien and Ggantija - the oldest freestanding religious buildings in the world. The National Archeological Museum in Valetta, the St. Paul's Catacombs in Rabat, the Hypogeum (Hal Saflieni) in Tarxien.
Antwerpen, BE, M HKA, a comprehensive exhibition of Jimmie Durham’s work from all periods of his life. Jimmie Durham. A Matter of Life and Death and Singing looks exhaustively at his activities as an activist, essayist, poet, performance artist and sculptor.
Gent, BE, TRACK, a large-scale, city-wide exhibition in cooperation with the S.M.A.K.
Kassel, D, Documenta 13, one of the world's most important exhibitions for contemporary art.
Düsseldorf, D, Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, a exhibit “Fresh Widow – Window Paintings Since Matisse and Duchamp”. An isolated window is the main motif – and gateway into new freedom in painting – for many famous 20th century artists. A new exhibit at Düsseldorf’s K20 (March 31 – December 8, 2012) showcases the surprising variety of works in this genre by great names.
Venezia, I, Biennale 54th International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
Paris, F, Louvre, Musée d’Orsey, Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle.
New York, USA, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Solomon R.Guggenheim Museum, Museum of Modern Art (MoMa), The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Cloisters and Brooklyn Museum & Gardens and Galleries.
Düsseldorf, D, Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, J.Beuys Retrospective.
Milan, I, Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Technologia, pinacoteca di Brera.
Metz, F, Centre Pompidou Metz and Cathedral.
Reims, F, Cathedral.
Luxembourg, L, MUDAM (Museé d’Art Moderne)
Venezia, I, Biennale 53rd International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
Berlin, D, Hamburger Bahnhof, Altes museum and Galleries.
Kleve, D, Museum Schloss Moyland (art works of Joseph Beuys).
Hombroich, D, Museum Insel Hombroich-Raketenstation.
Kleve, D, Museum Kuhaus Kleve (exhibiyion of Ettore Spalletti).
Koln, D, Museum Ludwig, Museum of East Asian Art.
Barselona, SP, Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA), The PicassoMuseum, La sagrada Familia of Antoni Gaudi, Dali Museum in Figeres.
Kassel, D, Documenta 12, one of the world's most important exhibitions for contemporary art.
Tokyo and Kyoto, J, Zen gardens, Temples and Monasteries
Venezia, I, Biennale 51st International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
Amsterdam, NL, Amsterdam School of the Arts, Academie of Fine Art in Education, Fine art in Education influx programme
Utrecht, NL, Artist & Co/Ministery of Education Culture and Science. Certificate course BIK/PAC (Professional Artist in the Classroom)
Utrecht, NL, The Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU), School of Fine Art. (BAfa)
Amsterdam, NL, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Preparatory Cours and the orientation year.
Siauliai, LT, Siauliai University, Faculty of Education, Bachelor of Primary Education and Arts & Crafts of Secondary Education