I was born in Lithuania. I live and work in the Netherlands.
2007-2003 - Utrecht, NL, The Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU), School of Fine Art (BAfa with Honours)
2011-2010 - Amsterdam, NL, Amsterdam School of the Arts, Academie of Fine Art in Education, Fine art in Education influx programme
2009-2008 - Utrecht, NL, Artist & Co/Ministery of Education Culture and Science. Certificate course BIK (Professional Artist in the Classroom / Beroepskunstenaar in de Klas)
2003-2002 - Amsterdam, NL, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Preparatory Cours and the orientation year
1999-1995 - Šiauliai, LT, Siauliai University, Faculty of Education, Bachelor of Primary Education and Arts & Crafts of Secondary Education
2016-2015 Amsterdam, NL, Het Nederlof Centrum / Reiki Instituut, Reiki Practitioner of the Usui System of Natural Healing
2015 - Amsterdam, NL, Instituut EszenzZ, Leergang 'HSP Begeleider'
Professional Practice & Presentations
2017 - 2007
- IMAGO MUNDI ("Images of the World") Benetton World Art Project - Gezelligheid: Contemporary Artists from the Netherlands 2017, http://imagomundiart.com/artworks/sonata-lepaite-mons-veneris
- Utrecht, NL, AtelierRoute Utrecht 2016, my studio, September 11th and 18th, http://www.atelierrouteutrecht.nl/kunstenaar/sonata-lepaite?filter=alfabet
- Utrecht, NL, a group exhibition 'Nieuwe Liefde 16' at Kunstliefde, April 30 - May 29 2016
- Utrecht, NL, a working member of Kunstliefde, an association of visual artists, since 2016 www.kunstliefde.nl
- Amstelveen, NL, Pedagogical/Artist agend for visual creativity in Childcare Center ‘KinderRijk’ 2015 - 2012
The Hague, NL, on the accasion of the Day of Restoration of Independence of Lithuania, The Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania, a personal exhibition of paper and clay sculptures 'a touch of paper for sensitive enclosures', March - May 2014
- Working member of The Dutch Society of Sculptors (Nederlandse Kring van Beeldhouwers) 2014 - 2010
- Amsterdam, NL, 'NKvB Natuurlijk', site specific work 'Mons Oculus', Het Amsterdamse Bos 12 May - 19 September 2013 www.amsterdamsebos.nl/kunst-erfgoed/kunstroute-%27nkvb/
- Amsterdam, NL, Pedagogical/Artist agend for visual creativity in Childcare Center 'De Kleine Wereld' 2010-2012
- Kaunas, LT, Vytautas Magnus University, a lecture and two workshops prepared and carried out by me during the International summer semester seminar 26-29 June 2012
- Amsterdam, NL, Tobacco Theater, the art project LTart.NL 2011, which gives a stage for Lithuanian origin artists to show their work, which was created under influence of Dutch culture. The event was initiated by Lithuanian community in the Netherlands together with Lithuanian Embassy, www.ltart.nl
- NL, a presentation at the Foundation Art Eko for environmentally friendly work 2013 - 2010
- Utrecht, NL, Visual Arts Education Project for children, art discovery with an individual artist 2012 - 2010
- Zeevang, NL, Festival 'Dichter in Zeevang' / 'Poet in Zeevang' 2011, connection between poetry, visual arts and music with my sculpture 'Namai' ('home')
- Amsterdam, NL, Member exhibition of The Dutch Society of Sculptors ‘voorBEELDEN II / Examples II’, WG Kunst, 2010
- Nieuwkoop, NL, Exhibition Rhapsody in Green. Nomination Green Heart Art Prize 2009 for professionals
- Utrecht, NL, Participation in project ‘Promise 4’ for beginning artists at ‘Kunstliefde’ the Association for Artists. Group exhibition ‘Everyday collapse. The reality of the imagination’ 2008
- Utrecht, NL, Graduation exhibition ‘Art Camp’ at The Utrecht School of the Arts/School of Fine Art 2007
- Utrecht, NL, Exhibition ‘De mensenfamilie/Family of Man’. Nominated for a School of Fine Art talent prize issued by the University of Utrecht 2007
Conferences, Seminars & Workshops
2013 - The Biblical Museum Amsterdam, NL, a congress 'De comeback van de God met de borsten' of Academy PanSophia.
2010 - Amsterdam, NL, Orientation course, Visual Art in Public Spaces/Site Specific Works.
2010 - Filmmuseum Amsterdam, 'Showing Making' an international conference on the representation of image production and creative processes in art, film, science and ritual.
2007 - Utrecht, NL, Summer Masterclass. Developing ideas for renovation of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University.
Theory & Organization
2012 - Curator at Member exhibition of The Dutch Society of Sculptors 'voorBEELDEN III/Examples III' Amsterdam
2008 - 2007 - Volunteer/Curator at Biennial Celebration of the Foundation for Public Art Utrecht. (SKOL)
2001 - Correspondent for the newspaper Vakarinė Palanga in Lithuania. Responsible for issues of culture, education and art events.
Excursions & Research
Dessau, DE, Bauhaus & Masters' Houses (Gropius, Moholy-Nagy/Feininger, Kandinsky/Klee).
Berlin, DE, The Berlin Portrait Gallery (Gallery possesses the huge collection of European art of XIII-XVIII centuries. Among the others, there are paintings by Rembrandt and Gals, as well as the works by German artists like Durer, Holbein and Cranach, representing the Northern Renaissance).
Venezia, IT, Biennale 56th International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
London, GB, The British Museum, Tate Britain, Tate Modern, The Victoria and Albert Museum.
Sicilie, IT, Agrigento - Valle dei Templi, Villa del Casale & Piazza Armerina, Palermo - Catacombs of the Cappuccini.
Firenze, IT, Galleria degli Uffizi, Galleria dell'Accademia, Cappella Brancacci, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Museo Marino Marini, Museo di San Marco a former monastery erected between 1437 and 1452 where the dormitory cells are fully decorated with frescoes by Beato Angelico.
The Maltese islands Malta & Gozo: the temples of Hagar Qim and Mnajdra, Tarxien and Ggantija - the oldest freestanding religious buildings in the world. The National Archeological Museum in Valetta, the St. Paul's Catacombs in Rabat, the Hypogeum (Hal Saflieni) in Tarxien.
Antwerpen, BE, M HKA, a comprehensive exhibition of Jimmie Durham’s work from all periods of his life. Jimmie Durham. A Matter of Life and Death and Singing looks exhaustively at his activities as an activist, essayist, poet, performance artist and sculptor.
Gent, BE, TRACK, a large-scale, city-wide exhibition in cooperation with the S.M.A.K.
Kassel, D, Documenta 13, one of the world's most important exhibitions for contemporary art.
Düsseldorf, D, Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, a exhibit “Fresh Widow – Window Paintings Since Matisse and Duchamp”. An isolated window is the main motif – and gateway into new freedom in painting – for many famous 20th century artists. A new exhibit at Düsseldorf’s K20 (March 31 – December 8, 2012) showcases the surprising variety of works in this genre by great names.
Venezia, IT, Biennale 54th International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
Paris, F, Louvre, Musée d’Orsey, Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle.
New York, USA, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Solomon R.Guggenheim Museum, Museum of Modern Art (MoMa), The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Cloisters and Brooklyn Museum & Gardens and Galleries.
Düsseldorf, D, Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, J.Beuys Retrospective.
Milan, I, Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Technologia, pinacoteca di Brera.
Metz, F, Centre Pompidou Metz and Cathedral.
Reims, F, Cathedral.
Luxembourg, L, MUDAM (Museé d’Art Moderne)
Venezia, I, Biennale 53rd International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.
Berlin, D, Hamburger Bahnhof, Altes museum and Galleries.
Kleve, D, Museum Schloss Moyland (art works of Joseph Beuys).
Hombroich, D, Museum Insel Hombroich-Raketenstation.
Kleve, D, Museum Kuhaus Kleve (exhibiyion of Ettore Spalletti).
Köln, D, Museum Ludwig, Museum of East Asian Art.
Barselona, SP, Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA), The PicassoMuseum, La sagrada Familia of Antoni Gaudi, Dali Museum in Figeres.
Kassel, D, Documenta 12, one of the world's most important exhibitions for contemporary art.
Tokyo and Kyoto, J, Zen gardens, Temples and Monasteries
Venezia, I, Biennale 51st International Art Exhibition and Collateral Events.